Are you ready to make your arms burn like the Mojave Desert in mid-July? Good, because I’ve got an awesome muscle pumping arm workout just for you, so get down that protein shake, get in a quick warm-up, grab those heavy weights, and let’s go!
It’s Arm Day!
Ok, I know what you’re thinking ” I usually do chest and tri’s on the same day, not tri’s and bi’s,” and that’s ok but hear me out.
Agonist/antagonist muscle training in the same day gives the muscles a better balance. It also saves you time because after you’ve worked your triceps during a certain exercise, you can move right on to the biceps during that 1-2 minute tricep recovery time, then right back to the triceps for the second set, and so on.
Also, if Arnold Schwarzenegger did it this way, it must be good because… just look at him!
Arnold’s program typically involved triceps and biceps on the same day, along with other opposing body parts such as chest and back, so listen to Arnold and knock it all out with the following arm workout.
Let’s Get Pumping- The Ultimate 8-Exercise Arm Workout
For the following sets, grab the heaviest weights you can handle that will still allow you to perform at least 6-8 proper reps with good form.
1) Triceps- Extensions: 3 sets X 6-8 reps
2) Biceps- Barbell Curls: 3 sets X 6-8 reps
3) Triceps- Close Grip Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets X 6-8 reps
4) Biceps- Concentration Curls 3: sets X 6-8 reps (per arm)
5) Triceps- E-Z Bar Skull Crushers: 3 sets X 6-8 reps
6) Biceps- Incline Hammer Curls: 3 sets X 6-8 reps
7) Triceps- Lying Dumbbell Extensions: 3 sets X 6-8 reps
8) Biceps- E-Z Bar Curls 3 sets X 6-8 reps
Feel the burn now? I’m sure you do! Stretch it out, cool down, and give yourself a fist bump, you deserve it!