Energy bites are a convenient and efficient way to fuel up on the go, before a workout, or grab as a sweet snack on your way out of the house. Packed with fiber, healthy fats, and healthy carbs, these little bites provide long-lasting energy. As an added bonus, cinnamon promotes the regulation of blood sugar. Inspired by the snickerdoodle cookie, these energy bites will satisfy any dessert craving!
- 1 cup oats
- -1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- -1 tsp cinnamon
- -1/3 cup vanilla protein powder
- -1T honey
- -2 T white chocolate chips
- Combine oats, cinnamon, and protein powder in a medium bowl.
- Separately, mix honey and sunflower seed butter and microwave for one minute, mixing once halfway through.
- Pour the warm mixture into dry ingredients, and combine thoroughly using a spoon.
- Fold in white chocolate.
- Using hands, form the dough into 1 T portioned balls, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Optional: instead of sprinkling with cinnamon, roll each ball in a mixture of equal parts coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Store energy bites in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Makes 12 energy bites
- 100 kcal
- 5 g protein
- 1 g added sugar
- 8 g fat